Wednesday, April 13, 2011

(NOT THE WORST) CONFLICTS (IN THE WORLD).

Photobucket
It's just madness.

Friday lays it on thick. Here's how I envision it, chill til about maybe 3 (its gonna be a long 3 days, I'm not gonna rush in, although I wanna see Tokimonsta!!), head in to see Skrillex (& maybe Cold Cave?). Its non stop from there. My girl is gonna hate me from here on out! Ha. Seriously though, I am gonna wanna run to the Drums, back to OFWGKTA, then over to hopefully catch Cee Lo do some OLD tracks (hopefully), lose my shit to A-Trak for a sec, then run to freak out w/ Ariel Pink, while checking in on Tame Impala & Afrojack! Sleigh Bells I would see maybe, but they sucked last year so fuck em. Really would love to see Marina & The Diamonds for a bit, but that puts me in bad crowd pozish for the heart break of the weekend for me : The Black Keys and Cut Copy on at the same time. Ah well, there's no time to wast b/c Crystal Castles Monarchy and the Aquabats are all coming on followed closely by a (must not miss) Nosaj Thing timeslot. Chemical Bros., Boys Noize, Gayngs and Flogging Molly all end the insanity.




Besides having the desire to see, simultaneously, Lil' B, Laidback Luke, Elbow and Yelle, Saturday should be chill, with my biggest conflict being Animal Collective and Paul Van Dyk. What can I say, the 16 yr old me who had just found trance, after just finding, well, trance, wants to see the Van Dykster for at least one transition or two. We'll see what happens. Glasser, Gogol Bordello, Empire of the Sun, The Twelves, Rye Rye, Cults, Raphael Saadiq, Daedelus, and some band called The Arcade Fire should all be at least okay.



This, I believe, is a Van Dyk remix of BT, and was the first track I heard in which he was involved.

I'm kinda kidding on the Van Dyk thing here too...kinda.



Sunday has another big head to head for me in the Ratatat/Chromeo area. By Sunday, after seeing Twin Shadow, Menomena, Delorean, Caspa (maybe), CSS, Nas & Damian, Ellie Goulding, Tinie Tempah, and Death From Above, followed by either Duck Sauce or Duran Duran, I'll just be happy to not be going to see The Strokes. Kanye or the Presets?? BIG LAFFS.





Of course none of this is going to happen as planned, and plenty will be missed, while not missing other things. So fuck planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment