Monday, February 21, 2011

SADNESS I'M YOUR BIRD.

Photobucket
Lykke Li  is a longtime fave over hurr @ the Hero. The old incarnation of our site had plenty of features on the Swedish siren.

Well she took a well deserved break from the spotlight, and now that the mystique has had time to build, her second album is nearly upon us.

The first thing to pop from the forthcoming sophmore effort was"Get Some", and the track has been in rotation here in L.A. thanks the the amazingly awesome make me love radio forever, 88.9 KCRW, and she has had a video as well for the track for a bit.



"I Follow Rivers" (also has an amazing video, see below), well, followed, and recently she stopped by BBC Radio 6 to perform a few, and the masses were treated to an acoustic version of another album cut, this one titled "Sadness Is A Blessing". Psyched to hear the studio version....

Photobucket

The full length, Wounded Rhymes, is out March 1st on her own LL Recordings/Atlantic

I saw she was playing L.A. soon, and apparently I slept on it too long because her March 9th (..."the greatest rapper alive died on March 9th"...sorry I couldn't help it!) @ El Rey Theatre is now sold out!!! Boooo!



Oh and I just found this remix from Dave Sitek from TV on The Radio which will appear, with another remix from Subliminal Kid and Van Rivers, on the "I Follow Rivers" single which dropped on Valentine's Day...lovin' it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment